General Sales Manager
Job Summary: This is an exciting opportunity to grow and manage a direct sales force and be part of our “best in class” sales management team. We are a Townsquare Media brand, which means you have on air and online radio, robust digital assets and live events in your portfolio to help build our clients’ businesses. The position requires strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Support, coach and train account executives with the goal of meeting and/or exceeding station revenue goals.
- Spend a majority of the time (75%) with account executives in face to face calls with prospects and clients, assisting AE’s with presentations and in-field coaching.
- Manage, recruit and hire top notch sellers.
- Prepare budgets and revenue forecasts.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to achieve revenue goals.
- Develop new business by prospecting, qualifying, conducting CNAs, and presenting solutions to businesses.
- Follow through with established accountability standards developed by Corporate, the RVP and Market Manager.
- Responsible for maximizing client revenue opportunities with on-going account list management.
- Monitor and evaluate activities of each seller.
- Participate as a key member of the market leadership team.
- In depth knowledge of media including digital products and live events.
- 3+ years of sales or sales management experience with a proven successful track record.
- Highly Competitive Base Salary plus Bonus Opportunities
- Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly contests
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off
- Company provided Laptop
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- High Energy Work Environment
- Opportunity for Upward Mobility – The growth opportunity is great. TSM is a fast growing public company offering unlimited earning potential to our managers and salespeople.
Digital Managing Editor
Are you a passionate content creator with exceptional writing and editing expertise? Are you digital savvy with social media skills to match? If so, then keep reading!
We are a diversified media company looking for someone to oversee and maintain the digital platforms for our five radio brands in the Binghamton, NY area. With a maniacal focus on consumer experience, this individual will work closely with our on-air talent to develop content for their shows, grow their brands online, and create the best possible experience for their audience across all platforms.
Do you bore easily? Not here. No two days are ever the same at Townsquare Media. As the Digital Managing Editor, one minute you’ll be editing an article about the ten best burgers in town, the next you’ll be implementing a new Facebook strategy, only to close out the day by teaching a DJ how to edit the video they shot while riding a roller coaster with the mayor.
This is an agile position that requires solid troubleshooting, good professional judgment, level-10 communication, and technical prowess. Patience is essential, as is a great sense of humor – this is radio after all, not a library! (Not that there’s anything wrong with libraries. We love libraries. Seriously. They’re the best.) This is not a typical “webmaster” position.
This position reports to the local Market President.
A typical day will include:
- Partner with teams of on-air and digital talent to create text, photo, video and interactive content for the local community across the site, mobile platforms and social media. Work to make sure those great ideas are harnessed online.
- Provide consistent training, coaching and education for our on-air and digital talent on the latest internet trends (ex: Facebook posting strategy or strategies for search engine optimization) and educate staff on company policies (ex: copyright law and digital requirements).
- Coordinate with local sales and content teams to make sure that all station and market initiatives have an engaging digital component.
- Study analytics to make data-driven content choices and optimize local digital strategy.
- Be at the forefront of content creation every single day.
- Five years of online editorial experience with exceptional writing, editing, SEO skills
- Strong grasp of how to use popular social media networks (like Facebook Twitter, Instagram and YouTube) to promote content
- Must be a consummate multi-tasker (with excellent communication skills) who is understanding of the ever-changing culture of the internet
- Ability to prioritize and focus under fast-paced pressure, while managing multiple tasks and projects
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, editorially and technologically
- Proficiency in the use of digital technology, including online publishing platforms
- An understanding of the ever-changing culture of the internet
- Must have great communication skills, obsessive attention to detail and a sense of humor (Again, this is the radio business, we like to have fun!)
Apply for this position here.
Townsquare Media Group is a diversified media, entertainment, and digital marketing services company that owns and operates radio, digital and live event properties. The Company specializes in creating and distributing original entertainment, music and lifestyle content. Its assets include 312 radio stations and over 325 local companion websites in 66 small to mid-sized markets, making it the third largest owner of radio stations, a national portfolio of music and entertainment digital properties reaching over 50 million US unique visitors monthly, including Taste of Country, Diffuser.fm, Ultimate Classic Rock, Loudwire, The FW, GuySpeed, ScreenCrush and PopCrush, approximately 500 live music and non-music events annually, and Seize the Deal, an E-commerce business.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.