Investigators believe a blaze that ripped through a Broome County residence was caused by a family pet.

Smoke rises from the burning home off Conklin Road. (Photo: Bob Joseph/WNBF News)

The fire at the Pride Manor Mobile Home Park at 1832 Conklin Road in Conklin was reported around 8:20 a.m. Thursday.

Authorities say a mother walked her children to the bus stop and returned minutes later to see smoke pouring from the structure.

Broome County senior fire investigator Brian Botsford said the fire apparently was the result of a dog jumping up onto a stove and turning it on.

No injuries were reported in the blaze, which was brought under control after about 40 minutes.

Conklin firefighters were assisted by units from several other departments including Kirkwood, Five Mile Point, West Windsor, Town of Binghamton and Hallstead.

Conklin firefighters battle a blaze at Pride Manor Mobile Home Park on April 12, 2018. (Photo: Bob Joseph/WNBF News)

Contact WNBF News reporter Bob Joseph: bob@wnbf.com

For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.