Candor Man Dies In Early-Morning Fire
An 80-year-old Tioga County man was found dead in his home after a fire.
The blaze at 119 Spencer Road was reported around 2:30 Tuesday morning.
According to WBNG-TV, relatives identified the man as 80-year-old James Roberts.
Candor firefighters were assisted by units from Owego, Weltonville and Spencer.
Tioga County fire coordinator John Scott says there were no reported injuries to firefighters.
The rear of the two-story wood frame house was fully engulfed when the first firefighters arrived.
Investigators indicated the blaze may have been linked to a wood stove or fireplace.