Contact Us

Broome Officials Issue Carbon Monoxide Warning

Bob Joseph/WNBF News

The Broome County Health Department is alerting residents to the potential for carbon monoxide poisoning during the extreme cold.

The department urges people to follow precautions to prevent problems associated with the misuse of heating devices.

Officials say ovens or stoves should not be used to heat a home. Unvented gas or kerosene space heaters should not be utilized in enclosed spaces. Doors to the rest of the house should be kept open to ensure proper ventilation.

Generators or pumps with fuel-powered engines should not be used inside a house, attached garage or on a porch.

Charcoal or gas grills should not be used inside or operated outside near a window where carbon monoxide fumes could seep in through a window or door.

People also are advised to be certain that the batteries in home carbon monoxide detectors are working.

More from WNBF

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wnbf.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on WNBF News Radio 1290 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on WNBF News Radio 1290 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!