Binghamton Man Hurt In Ceiling Collapse
One person was hurt when the dining room ceiling collapsed in a home on Binghamton’s East Side.
Authorities say the incident occurred shortly after 1 p.m. Tuesday in a small house at 97 Robinson Street.
Authorities say the man who was injured was trapped in the debris from the ceiling. He had freed himself by the time emergency crews arrived.
A city fire department official said the man was taken by Superior Ambulance to a hospital for treatment of what was believed to be a minor back injury.
Four other people, including some children, who were in the house at the time were not hurt.
A Binghamton code enforcement supervisor inspected the house after the ceiling collapse and determined it could not be occupied until repairs were made.
NYSEG was called to shut off electric service to the building.
Those who were displaced now are staying with relatives.