Binghamton Launches Concert and Arts Series
A series of musical performances and art exhibits on the river trail near Binghamton’s Court Street Bridge is to get underway Friday.
City officials say the concert series is scheduled to run through October 4.
Musicians will perform on the Peacemaker’s Stage, which is adjacent to the Chenango River and just north of Court Street.
Each concert is scheduled to run from 6 to 8 p.m. Two groups will be featured each week.
Mayor Matthew Ryan says the concerts will “showcase local and BU talent.”
In addition to the musical performances, artists from Quarter Yellow Creative Cooperative and Club Bling will orginate pop-up art.
City officials say food trucks will park at the north end of the Martin Luther King Junior Promenade to sell snacks.
Discussions have been underway for the city to consider issuing permits for food trucks. Officials say the concert and arts events will provide an opportunity for people to utilize their services and comment.
Here’s the schedule of bands for the concert series:
- September 13th - 6:00 p.m. Thoughts As Devices
- September 13th - 7:10 p.m. Art School Baseball Team
- September 20th - 6:00 p.m. Basic Printer
- September 20th - 7:10 p.m. Liberty Bell
- September 27th - 6:00 p.m. Shattuck
- September 27th - 7:10 p.m. Ramble Run
- October 4th - 6:00 p.m. Unity Group
- October 4th - 7:10 p.m. Strange Appeal