Contact Us

Barton Woman Dies In Mobile Home Blaze

A Tioga County woman died as a result of a fire that started in the kitchen of a mobile home.

Bob Joseph/WNBF News

Authorities say 37-year-old Valentene Mazzella was pronounced dead at the scene of Saturday evening’s blaze in the town of Barton.

Investigators say 32-year-old John Gerhard, who also was inside the home at the time of the fire, was taken to Binghamton General Hospital to be evaluated.

The blaze at 355 State Route 34 occurred early Saturday evening.

According to the Tioga County Sheriff’s Office, the fire was caused by an overheated pan on the kitchen stove.

Waverly and Lockwood firefighters were on the scene of the blaze for several hours.

More from WNBF

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wnbf.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on WNBF News Radio 1290 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on WNBF News Radio 1290 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!