Officials in Oklahoma have lowered the number of deaths suffered to 24 in the massive tornado that swept through the town of Moore Monday night. Originally, the figure had been as high as 51, probably a result of double-counting.
An enormous tornado with a debris cloud two miles wide tore through the metropolitan area just south of Oklahoma City on Monday afternoon.
UPDATE 9:28 p.m. EST: At least 51 people were killed in the storm, including seven children from Plaza Towers Elementary School in Moore, according to KFOR in Oklahoma City. The news station reported that 75 student and staff were inside the school when the storm struck. Officials said Monday night that the search of the rubble remaining of the school had turned to a recovery mission.
UPDATE 2:25 p.m. EST: The suspects' names are Azamat Tazhayakov, Dias Kadyrbayev and Robel Phillipos. From The Boston Globe:
Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev, both 19 and of New Bedford, were charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice by plotting to dispose of a laptop computer and a backpack containing fireworks belonging to bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the US attorney’s office said in a statement.
Robel Phillipos, 19, of Cambridge was charged with making false statements to law enforcement officials in a terorism investigation, prosecutors said. 12:10 p.m. EST: According to Boston.com, the three suspects went to school at UMass-Dartmouth with Dzhokar Tsarnaev and may have helped him in the days immediately following the bombing, which was on April 15. Two of the suspects have been charged with overstaying their student visas.
The Boston Police Department announced that it has taken into custody three new suspects as a result of its ongoing investigation into the Boston Marathon bombing.
2:45 p.m. (EST): The Boston Police Department has announced that "there has not been an arrest in the Marathon attack." Investigations are ongoing.
2:35 p.m.: CNN is retracting their previous report that an arrest has been made in the Boston Marathon bombings. Other sources are reporting that officials are close to identifying a suspect after reviewing area surveillance video, but no arrests have been made.
12:45 p.m. (EST): FBI spokesman Paul Bresson has confirmed that the substance found in the letter to the president was ricin.
The Secret Service says that a letter containing a suspicious substance and addressed to President Obama was received on Tuesday at a White House mail facility. This comes just after a letter sent to Senator Roger Wicker (R.-Miss.) was found to contain the poison ricin.
It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on .
To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you.
To activate your account, please confirm your password.
When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.
*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.
Welcome back to News-Breakers Club
It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wnbf.com using your original account information.