9/11 Memorial Services in Central New York 2012
Here are the 9/11 memorial events happening across CNY.
- New York State, Broome County and City of Binghamton Officials, First Responders, Community Groups and other guests will mark the 11th Anniversary of September 11th, 2001 at a Ceremony at 8:30am on Tuesday, September 11th, 2012. The Ceremony will take place at the September 11th Memorial, located on the State Street side of Binghamton City Hall.
- The Annual Prayer Breakfast hosted by the Genesis Group happens Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at Utica's Hart’s Hill Inn. You do need a reservation, so call 792-7187. They’ll be collecting non-perishable food items for vets.
- At 9:15 am, there will be a wreath- laying ceremony at the Utica 9/11 Monument, Sherman Drive and Culver Ave.
- Also at 9:30, Herkimer County Community College will have a wreath-laying rememberance ceremony.
- The names of the NYC firefighters who died on 9/11 will be read at the Firemen and Police Memorial on the Parkway in Utica. That starts at noon.
- The 11th annual 9/11 Ceremony in New York Mills starts at the Fire House at 5:40 p.m. The Silent March goes to the 9/11 Memorial at 320 Main Street and all those attending are encouraged to carry an American flag. Refreshments will be served after the march.
- A 9/11 memorial service will be held in Troy at noon on September 9 at the Memorial Park on 112th Street and 1st Avenue in Lansingburgh. The memorial site recently added a 110 pound section of steel I-beam from one of the buildings themselves. Last year, the site was unveiled and dedicated, which was followed by a memorial service.
- In recognition of the 9/11 day of service, Commerce Chenango will be holding a “9/11 Day of Remembrance Community Food Drive” all week in Norwich. Donation boxes will be available in the lobby of the Eaton Center at Eaton Ave., Norwich.